Sentinel Dual UL
SENTINEL DUAL is the high density version of the Premium Pro range of double-conversion on-line UPS.
SENTINEL DUAL is designed to power critical loads such as servers, storage systems, telephone equipment, medical systems and industrial applications.
The UPS is ideal for Blade servers with an input power factor close to Unity (1). The UPS has can be used as tower UPS or within a rackmount cabinet, and takes up only 2U in height.
SENTINEL DUAL has a modern design, choice of functional formats, and represents the state-of-the-art technology from the Riello UPS research & development team. The UPS can achieve an on-line
operating efficiency of 92%.
For critical business continuity applications requiring long runtimes, SENTINEL DUAL can be installed with battery extension packs (ER models) with their own internal battery chargers to maintain sensible recharge times.
The UPS also incorporates the Riello UPS ‘power-off’ function found in other ECO Line UPS. Premium Dual is designed to save energy when no loads are connected.
- Tower or Rackmount UPS: SENTINEL DUAL can be installed as tower or 19” rackmount UPS, with a front mimic panel that can be turned through 90º to suit the installation.
- Noise Free Operation (<40dBA): the UPS can be installed in any environment thanks to its PWM digitally-controlled high frequency inverter.
- High Temperature Operation: UPS components are sized for high temperature operation up to 40ºC and are not therefore stressed during normal operational environments.
- EnergyShare: Premium Dual output sockets can be programmed to disconnect less critical loads when the mains power fails.
REDUCED MANAGEMENT COSTS
SENTINEL DUAL can be programmed remotely via software or set manually from the front mimic panel to operate in a range of energy saving operating modes:
- On Line: maximum power protection and output voltage waveform quality
- ECO: to increase operating efficiency to 98% and provide line interactive protection
- Smart Active: with the UPS selecting automatically its operating mode - ECO or On-Line dependent upon the reliability and quality of the local mains power supply.
- Backup: for emergencies only with the UPS only operating when mains power fails
- Frequency converter: from 60 to 50Hz.
SENTINEL DUAL offers maximum flexibility for integrations with any communication system.
- Multiplatform communication for all operating systems and network environments, Powershield3 supervision and shut-down software included for Windows 7, 2008, Vista, 2003, XP, Linux, Mac OS X, Sun Solaris and VMware ESX operating systems and other Unix operating systems.
- UPS Tools configuration and personalisation software supplied as standard.
- RS232 serial port and opto-isolated contacts.
- USB port
- Slot for TCP/IP, SNMP communication card.
HIGH OUTPUT VOLTAGE QUALITY
- Even with distorting loads (IT loads with a crest factor of up to 3:1).
- High short circuit current on bypass.
- High overload capacity: 150% from inverter (even with no mains power).
- Filtered, stabilised, reliable (On Line double conversion technology with filters to suppress atmospheric disturbances.
- Load power factor correction: incoming UPS power factor close to 1 and sinusoidal current absorption.
HIGH LEVELS OF BATTERY RELIABILITY
- Automatic and manual battery tests
- Batteries are ‘hot-swappable’ and user replaceable.
- Unlimited battery runtime extension using battery extension packs.
- Output voltage can be selected using display.
- Auto-restart when mains power returns (programmed via software)
- Stand-by on Bypass: when the machine is switched off, it automatically goes into bypass operation with batteries charging.
- Power-Off with zero load connected to save energy
- Low battery warning
- Power-on delay
- Full microprocessor control.
- Automatic bypass without interruption
- Status, measurements and alarms available on the front panel mimic panel and LCD
- UPS firmware upgrade via PC platform
- Input protection including a user reset thermal switch (up to 1500VA)
- Back-feed protection
- Manual option to switch to bypass.