General Description: Riello UPS’ US subsidiary, RPS America is searching for a candidate to fill the following position; Technical Support Supervisor for the company’s family of Uninterruptible Power Supplies (UPS).
The candidate will possess a broad technical knowledge of rectifier, inverter, battery charger, and battery technologies as well as the application of UPS products and related accessories in a wide range of industries and applications. The candidate will have experience in providing technical assistance and problem resolution/escalation. Domestic and international travel as needed. This position is based in West Chester, Ohio, a suburb of Cincinnati.
- Helping customers solve technical issues related to Riello UPS products, working with R&D Department to resolve advanced issues when necessary
- Working with gear and battery suppliers on integration of complete systems
- Answering questions from end users, sales channel partners and Riello sales personnel about the features, use, application, maintenance and repair of UPS products
- Documenting and troubleshooting problem resolution steps
- Sales support to help resellers and end users select optimal installation configurations of UPS systems
- Reviewing customer specifications for compliance and developing submittal documentation and drawings for approval
- Acting as a liaison between R&D Department and certifying agencies, including Underwriter’s Laboratories (UL)
- Specifying accessory items to be sold as part of an overall UPS system and assist in selecting and evaluating suppliers and communicating Riello specifications
- Participation in providing training to customers and sales partners as required
- Communicating customer needs and technology trends to R&D Department
- Solid knowledge of specifying, installing and troubleshooting UPS systems
- Understanding of applicable UL standards
- Excellent client-facing experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Computer Aided Design (CAD) proficient
Experience: Minimum 5 years working for a UPS or power products supplier in an engineering or technical support role.
Education: BSEE degree preferred. A.S. degree with/or relevant experience will be considered.
About Riello UPS
Riello UPS is a division of Riello Electronica and a leading manufacturer and global supplier of uninterruptible power supplies (UPS) based in Legnago, Italy. The company is also involved in developing new technologies for harvesting clean and renewable energy sources via the manufacturing of solar inverters. The group owns five manufacturing sites in Italy, twenty subsidiaries in USA, Europe, China, India and Australia, and is present in over 80 countries worldwide.
For more information on products and services, visit www.riello-ups.com.